The CD release show is on 6/22/12. New Dodge Lounge, Hamtramck. I recommend carrying a switchblade or something.
The quality is rough, but whatever. It's been four years in the making and I'm glad it's over.
Greg Aubry did wonders with the artwork. The kid's got chops and I have no business calling him a kid, as he's roughly ten years my senior. Hit him up. I'll photograph your natural water birth or something, you damn hippies.
https://www.facebook.com/gregaubry
Greg, along with Steve Gamburd and Dan Clark, are my "backing band" for the show and will be the reason I don't suck it hard with a microphone.
Greg, Steve, and I are in SUPERBOMB. We're a band. We write songs and play shows. That's pretty cool.
https://www.facebook.com/superbombdetroit
http://soundcloud.com/superbomb
Dan Clark is awesomeness incarnate and was the perfect piece to make my nonsense noteworthy.
Frank Stephens and Jason Worden are assembling the CDs. They're two of the nicest, most dedicated guys in this silly little scene. They're probably in twenty different bands/projects combined and pump out some of the most interesting, uncomfortably beautiful music I've heard in the silly scene. If you like Nickelback, Justin Beiber, or any of that other trite shit, don't click this link:
http://redchina.bandcamp.com/album/the-wax-ocean
Also at the show are Mike Anton's CHAW!!, Kyle McBee's FUTURE SLANG, and JON FROM THE MOON.
I'd rather play a show with good friends and good people than with the hip fuckers that pack rooms any day. Hell, just trying to matter in this silly scene is existential bullshit.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CHAW/242251799173770
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Future-Slang/286355514760062
http://jonfromthemoon.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment